Admission and Registration Policy
1-Admission and registration Policy :
The student’s age must be at beginning of the year at 15/9/2019 within the range shown in the following table :
|Year||Age||Date of Birth|
|KG1||3 years and 6 months||Before March 15, 2016|
|KG2||4 years and 6 months||Before March 15, 2015|
|Grade 1||5 years and 6 months||Before March 15, 2014|
Please note the following :
- The priority for accepting students will be given for brothers and sisters in school during the time for registration after that date The administration will not responsible to register them .
- You must fill in the application form of the new student and attach the required official documents.
- The personal interview and / or entrance exam will be arranged depending on seat availability .
- Passing Personal interview is condition for the child to be accepted in kindergarten.
- The prospective student from G1 – G12 must pass the assessment in Arabic , English , and math, in order to show his / her ability to perform well in the bilingual program he / she is about to join .
- Upon admission , non-refundable and not transferable registration fee of KD 100 is required , in accordance with the Ministry of Education laws for the Private Education Sector.
- Upon admission , you will be given a To Whom It May Concern letter stating that your child has been accepted in K.A.B.S . This letter will allow you to transfer the student’s file from the school he/she was previously attending.
- It is necessary to submit the students file and his health file before the beginning of the academic year .
2- Required Document’s for Registration :
- The original birth corticated and immunization record and one photocopy of each .
- The student’s and father’s civil IDs and one photocopy of each .
- The father’s official certificate of nationality and the additional photocopy ( for Kuwaiti students ) .
- The students passport , a photocopy of the page containing his/her personal information, and a photocopy of the residency page ( for non-Kuwaiti students ) .
- 4 personal photographs for all stages .
- The latest 2 available transcript and one additional photocopy and one additional photocopy to be submitted with the application form.
- A certificate of transfer from the previous school after receiving a To Whom It May Concern letter from K.A.B.S. stating the student has been admitted.
- The students Health file from his/her previous school , or start a file for the new student ( containing a copy of the student’s birth certificate , immunization record , a certificate of health and record of TB vaccine that you may obtain from the of Department of Health for school students in your area of residence ).
The registration office must receive items 6,7 & 8 before the beginning of the academic year in order to complete the enrollment procedures and add his/her name to the appropriate class list .Otherwise ,the student will not be considered officially registered in the school .
3- The school Day and Timings :
|Kindergarten ||From 7:15 am – 12:30 pm ( Summer and winter ) Except Ramadan Holy Month |
( from 9:00 am – 12:30 pm )
|Elementary, Middle |
& High school
|From 7:15 am – 2:00 pm From Sunday to Wednesday From 7:15 am – 12:30 pm Only on Thursday ( Summer and winter ) Except Ramadan Holy Month From 9:30 am -12:30 pm From Sunday to Thursday|
Kuwait academy bilingual school present a unique blend of Kuwait and American curriculums . It offers a challenging program in a nurturing environment , individual attention , yet creative child centered curriculum serves a range of divers students within a family school context . The school seeks to foster in the student the love of learning and provide the requisite preparation for advancement to another stage .
4- Teaching Program :
We adopted American curriculum for science .mathematics and computer for all grads .It is taught by fully qualified , experienced teachers ,their mother tongue is English language .
Our elementary pupils taught mathematics & science in English starting from grade one. But Arabic language , Quran , Islamic studies laid down by the Ministry of Education.
5- Evaluation :
Kindergarten Department :
Formal assessments are made in December and May of each year. Reports are sent home twice a year . Detailed records are kept of students progress in all subjects.
Elementary School ( 1-4) :
Each student’s progress is assessed continually through the year. In addition to this pupils will sit examinations twice a year.
Report cards are sent home four times at a year. At the end of each quarter.
Middle & High School (5-12) :
Eachstudents progress is assessed continually through the year in addition to this pupils will sit examinations twice a year, at the end of each semester . Report cards are sent home four times a year, at the end of each quarter.
6- Homework :
Kindergarten Dept. : A students receives a homework schedule in English and Arabic at the end of each week witch must be done and delivered each Wednesday for the advisor of the class.
Other Stages : Recommended amounts of time for homework vary according to the student and the situation , but the student seeking in K.A.B.S. should expect to have homework every night and weekend.
Keeping with a highly developed and challenging curriculum .
Our program is superior to most national and foreign schools inside Kuwait .
*School fees cover all educational services , books and copybooks students will get in the first semester free of charge . At the end of each academic year , some English books will be taken back as books of hard covers